3 HP routers require a solid base to stay positioned and comfortable handles to increase precision. 3 HP Router are required for tasks like making raised panel doors, wood mouldings or creating cuts on wood. It is important to have adjustable speed in these routers to work on wood at your convenience.
Best 3 HP Router
|Best 3 HP Router||Image||Score||Link|
|Dewalt 3 HP Router||4.8|
|Makita Plunge Router Electric Brake||4.7|
|Bosch Electronic Fixed-Base Router||4.8|
|Makita RP1800 Plunge Router||4.7|
|Metabo HPT Plunge Router||4.1|
Please scroll down to read all the detailed reviews and our personal favorite’s from the Top 5 Best 3 HP Routers.
1. Dewalt 3 HP Router
This product too has a 15 amp motor.
- It has a full-wave electronic variable speed.
- The speed ranges between 8,000 and 22,000 RPM.
- The magnified scale, rack adjuster and fine micro bit depth adjuster allow for easier and precise adjustment settings.
- It weighs 11.2 pounds and has a 5-5/8 x 6-11/16 inches dimension, making it super easy and lightweight to operate.
- It includes a dust extraction adapter.
2. Makita Plunge Router Electric Brake
This product is another item created by Makita in Japan.
- It has variable speed.
- The unique features are its electronic speed control and electric brakes.
- The built-in twin LED lights allow for easy work in dark spaces.
- Continuous operation can be ensured with a lock on the trigger switch.
- Easy installation can be enabled with its tool-less template guide system.
3. Bosch Electronic Fixed-Base Router
As the name suggests, this product is a fixed base router.
- The 12 Amp router motor compiles power with adjustable speed settings to glide through the cutline.
- It has a 2-inch sub-base opening as well as an adjustable speed dial of 8000-25,000 RPM.
- The threaded holes mount the router table to be positioned in a common 3 hole pattern.
- The bit height can be adjusted from above a router table.
- Availability of quick release and common threaded template.
4. Makita RP1800 Plunge Router
This product falls under the category of power tools and accessories.
- This has been explicitly manufactured in Japan.
- The ball bearing is oversized and has been designed to increase its durability.
- The rubber sized handle with built-in finger switches is large for convenient control and usage.
- Easy bit changes are enabled through the shaft lock.
- Continuous operations are possible through the lock on the trigger switch.
5. Metabo HPT Plunge Router
This product has a variable speed.
- It has a 15 amp motor which is extremely powerful and delivers top-notch speed that goes through hardwood.
- The 3-1/4 peak HP due to the quiet motor is produced while decreasing torque during the startup.
- The variable speed dial is located at the handle for the sake of convenience.
- The rotation speed can be adjusted without having to remove your hands or eyes from the workpiece.
- The knob allows for quick and fine adjustments to dial plunge depths accurately.
My pick from all the products mentioned above is the DEWALT Router, Plunge Base, Variable Speed, 3-HP (DW625). It includes features like that of a magnified scale, rack adjuster and micro-fine bit depth adjuster, which help create better adjustment settings for your convenience. You can find the products link in table.