Drop Foot is a very severe condition that needs to be taken proper care of. Things can get better if you choose the right products. You might be using ankle-foot orthosis to elevate your foot, and this is a great help. But now you also need the right quality of shoes. By this, I mean you should buy shoes that hold your ankle firmly and are lighter to lift. After lots of research and testing, we have listed the top 7 shoes that are very helpful for foot drop.
Best Shoes For Foot Drop
Scroll down and have a look at the best shoes for foot drop.
1. New Balance Men’s Shoes for Foot Drop
- It is a men’s velcro shoe made up of 1005 pure leather with a rubber sole for every season.
- These have internal cushioning in the heel for shock absorption and easy moving.
- It has a reflective design that can be most useful for foot drop situations.
2. PUMA Women’s Cross Trainer Shoes
- It is 100% leather and synthetic PUMA women’s cross trainer shoes for regular wear.
- It has a rubber sole, thus can be worn in every weather condition, and has a low-top shaft from the arch.
- These are stylish and have high heels; thus, you can wear them for every occasion.
3. Dr. Martens Men’s Shoes for Foot Drop
- It has a thick, tight sole made of rubber and shoes made up of 100% leather.
- These are padded footbeds; thus it offers you comfort and a firm grip while you wear AFO.
- It is available in various color options; thus, you can choose accordingly.
4. Adidas Men’s Hoops Shoes
- These Adidas Men’s hoop shoes are ideal high soles made up of 100% synthetic material.
- It has a mid-top shaft from the arch, and the upper portion is made up of pure leather.
5. Reebok Women’s Freestyle Hi Sneakers
- It is a high sole women’s sneaker made with 100% leather and a rubber sole at the bottom.
- It has both lace and straps that give you a firm grip to hold your foot tightly and adjust the AFO.
- The shaft measures to the mid-top from the arch, and the upper portion is leather for extra comfort.
6. Dr. Martens Women’s Mary Jane Style Shoes
- It is made from 100% leather for women; these are perfect for casual/party wear.
- It has a synthetic sole and fir grip that holds your foot really well.
- It has adjustable straps; thus, you can adjust your AFO as per your likings.
7. Puma Men’s Fuse Cross Trainer
- These are men’s cross-training shoes with a rubber sole that are durable and offer a firm grip.
- It offers a wider and stronger stance along with an internal midsole that helps in ground shock absorption.
- It is a durable rubber compound ideal for all surfaces and has vertical flex lines.
My pick from all the mentioned amps is the New Balance shoes for men and Puma Cross Trainer for women. Always make sure you choose one size bigger if you are using AFO.