Best Fly Spray for Horses – Top 5 Fly Spray for horses of 2021
Flies usually hover upon horses as they seek the moisture and proteins present in horses. But it can also create eye infections in horses causing severe irritation. To prevent this, you need to make sure that your fly spray is powerful enough to get rid of the insects as well as it protects your horse from any side effects at the same time.
Best Fly Spray for Horses
|Best Fly Spray for Horses||Image||Score||Link|
|Pyranha Wipe N Fly Spray for Horses||4.7|
|Absorbine UltraShield Green Fly Spray |
|Pyranha Fly Spray for Horse||4.6|
|Farnam SimpliFly Feed-Thru Fly Control||4.6|
|Absorbine Inspired Green Natural Fly Spray||5.0|
Please scroll down to read all the detailed reviews and our personal favorite’s from the top five best fly spray for horses.
1. Pyranha Wipe N Fly Spray for Horses
This product is Citronella Scented too.
- This product is water resistant.
- It can also be used as a grooming aid and coat conditioner.
- While applying, do not exceed 2 oz per application.
- It consists of 0. 1% pyrethrins, 1% piperonyl butoxide and 15% butoxypolypropylene glycol.
2. Absorbine UltraShield Green Fly Spray for Horses
This product is completely eco friendly.
- This product works against Biting flies, mosquitoes, ticks and gnats.
- It consists of 7 essential botanical oils.
- It is a completely water based formula.
- This product can be used on horses, ponies and dogs.
3. Pyranha Fly Spray for Horse
This product is Citronella Scented.
- It is a pyrethrins-based formula which can be directly used on horses.
- 1 to 2 ounces per head is required to see effective results.
- It consists of lanolin as a coat conditioner.
- It works against insects like biting flies, mosquitoes, gnats, fleas and ticks.
4. Farnam SimpliFly Feed-Thru Fly Control
This product prevents and breaks the fly life cycle.
- It prevents stable and house flies from hovering on the manure during the treatment of the horse.
- It is a palatable pellet which can be fed to the horse through food.
- It can reduce the fly population by 97-100%.
- It contains Diflubenzuron and Larvastop which is an insect growth regulator.
5. Absorbine Inspired Green Natural Fly Spray
This product works very well against light flies.
- It can guarantee at least 8 hours of all natural protection.
- It reduces carbon footprint due to no generation of greenhouse gases.
- Can be used on horses, ponies, foals and dogs.
- Some of its ingredients are clove, citronella, cedar, lemongrass, rosemary oil, thyme oil and geraniol.
- It consists of no oily or greasy residue.
My pick from all the products mentioned above is the Pyranha Wipe N Spray for Horses as it not only contains a Citronella smell but is also water resistant, creating a longer effect. While acting as an insect repellent, it works perfectly as a grooming aid and coat conditioner to take care of your horse’s skin as well. You can find the products link in table.