Learning Piano is not easy; you require a lot of patience and practice, not to mention control on rhythm is most important. Having a piano teacher is excellent; the only downside is that you will not have flexible timing to learn; with App, you can learn piano anytime. Check out the five best apps that will help you learn piano. (Website)
1. Piano Chord from Songtive
App with easy-to-understand UI.
- It has 10,000+ scales which include major, minor, chromatic, etc. A built-in library of scales will help you understand each chord progression.
- With the correct OTG connector, you can link this app to your MIDI keyboard or Digital Audio Workstation.
- After learning a chord progression, you can make your own chord progression tune and save it to use later.
- The user interface and the navigation of the app are easy to understand. Also, connecting it to the external piano is not hard.
2. flowkey: Learn piano
Best app for every piano artist.
- It has over 1500 songs. You can pick your favorite music and see its entire chord progression and keynotes to play it on your keyboard.
- The app will hear your notes and won’t let you move forward until your press the correct key, which is impressive.
- You can connect it with the real piano or MIDI keyboard; you need a suitable OTG cable and a USB cable.
- It has four levels of skillset. If you’re starting, the level you need to choose is beginner, and experts should select the PRO level.
3. Piano Academy – Learn Piano
App with the best user interface.
- The app includes a video knowledge base that teaches the basics of chords, notes, stave, etc.
- This app listens to every chord you press and gives you instant feedback so that you can improve rapidly.
- It has fun games explicitly designed to improve your finger movements and muscle memory.
- Whether you are a kid or an adult, the Piano Academy by Yokee is for everyone who wants to learn piano from scratch.
4. Simply Piano by JoyTunes
Best piano learning app for families.
- You can create multiple users in a single app. Everybody in your family can learn piano at their own pace.
- Place the device on top of your piano and start playing the suggested chords; the app will detect chords automatically and guides you.
- It has a free version with limited resources; you can unlock 20+ courses and have updated learning with the premium.
- You can keep your practice while traveling. You can play digital piano in the app and later practice on a real piano.
5. Perfect Piano
App with highest downloads.
- The waterfall animation is very helpful in learning the piano. You can set the speed according to your preference.
- It is compatible with MIDI keyboards and piano. Connect your mobile/tablet device with Piano and start playing.
- The app has a multiplayer connection and a competition option to connect with another pianist; you can chat and complete simultaneously.
- If you don’t like the waterfall animation, there are two more pattern types – falling note and stave.
The one I like is Simple Piano by JoyTunes. Its premium includes the latest courses, and you can add multiple users in the same app. Also, it has a digital piano of its own, and you can connect it with a piano and MIDI keyboard.