As a knife maker, you will require different types of sanding belts to provide a fine knife finish so that it can fulfill the user’s needs for a long time without needing to resharpening. Professionals use a sanding belt for knife sharpening though as a hobbyist, you can also purchase it for at-home practice.
Best Sanding Belts for Knife Sharpening
Selecting one is complicated with the range of belts available on the market. That’s why we bring the list of best sanding belts for knife sharpening.
1. Sackorange Knife Sharpening Sanding Belts
- It includes a total of 24 belts with six different types of grit sizes, and each grit size has four straps.
- The belt material is waterproof, allowing you to use it wet or dry, saving your time and improving work efficiency.
- The abrasive material is silicon carbide which is best for sanding glass, stone, granite, cement, composites, plastics, and light metal finishing.
- It is a highly appraised sanding belt for knife sharpening and comes at an affordable price.
2. Red Label Abrasives Knife Sharpening Sanding Belts
- Red Label Abrasive is a famous brand selling sanding belts, and this sharpening belt is no exception.
- It is hand built in the USA and provides you with the four following grit sizes – 1000, 1200, 1500, and 5000.
- It will provide a fine-looking sharpness in the end process of sharpening.
- It comes with a precision-engineered bi-directional tape joint and anti-clogging stearate to reduce heat, resulting in better belt life.
3. Super Strop Knife Sharpening Sanding Belts
- It has an angle guide and five packs of assorted sanding belts for knife sharpening.
- The installation of the belt is easy. With the help of a Spring Clip, it fits firmly onto the belt sander’s 1-inch platen.
- While maintaining a precise angle, you can sharpen various tools and blades.
- It includes 80-120-400-600 and 1000 grit silicon carbide sharpening sanding belts to provide the user flexibility in their work.
4. Super Strop Beginner Knife Sharpening Belt
- As its name suggests, the belt is a perfect suit for beginners and fits perfectly on a 1 x30 belt sander.
- It can sharpen a wide range of knives and tools as it includes five different grits of the same silicon carbide material.
- The kit comes with a beginner guide to help you understand the basics and reduce the number of trials and errors.
- The brand uses its own leather honing belt and provides immediate replacement in case the belt breaks or is overstretched.
5. Leatherbeltman Knife Sharpening Belt
- It comes with the 10 – 45 degree angle guide and six sanding belts to help you sharpen the knife from start to finish.
- Many different tools and blades can be sharpened while retaining a precise angle.
- It is the most fantastic, reasonably priced angle guide and belt advancement pack on the market.
- The belt has better longevity and is easy to use. The angle guide will be beneficial in knife sharpening.
In our opinion, Sackorange 1 x 30 Inch High-Performance Silicon Carbide Sanding Belts is the best one. You get various grit sizes and more belts, reducing the pain of replacing sanding belts very often. Also, it is waterproof and pocket-friendly.