Many modern air-conditioners have started to rely on 410a Refrigerant gas due to its relatively low environmental impact and effective functioning. A good Leak detector for your refrigerant is essential, as it helps you fix any possible leaks before it damages your unit beyond repair.
Best Leak Detector for 410a
Please scroll down to read all the detailed reviews and our personal favorites from the Top 5 best leak detectors for 410a refrigerants available
1. Fieldpiece Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector
This heated diode leak detector comes in a rugged, blow-mold case with many features.
- It has a 15-hour user rechargeable and replaceable battery that can be used while charging.
- Its filter system protects the sensor from moisture and other components.
- It has manual and auto zeroing to help pinpoint the leaks.
- It triggers on all CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs and blends and is up and running in 30 seconds.
2. Elitech Advanced Refrigerant Leakage Tester
This long-lasting sensor has many quality-of-life features to function effectively
- Its sensor life is over 10 years, with a rechargeable 6-hour battery life.
- It has an LCD/TFT screen to animate the sensitivity and battery-allowance display.
- It has 3 selectable sensitivity levels up to 0.14 oz/yr. with a peak function for detecting the largest leaks.
- Its advanced sensor has strong anti-interference and a wide-ranging sensitive reaction.
3. INFICON Refrigerant Leak Detector for 410a
This product offers high sensitivity and accuracy that doesn’t fade over time.
- Its infrared sensor has over 1000 hours battery life
- It is resistant to water and most contaminants, preventing false alarms.
- It boasts a sensitivity of 0.10 ox/yr.(3 g/yr.)
- It can detect many different refrigerants and has automatic and manual zero modes.
4. CPS Leak-Seeker Refrigerant Leakage Tester
It is a high-tech leak detector that features lab tested detection technology
- The leak detector boasts a 500-hour nominal sensor life and more than 50 hours battery life.
- Its sensitivity remains constant over its lifetime
- Its sensitivity is up to 35 parts per million, I.e., less than .01 oz/yr.
- Its E_MOS detection technology is especially sensitive to R410a components.
5. Bacharach Refrigerant Leak Detector for 410a
It is a 6-pound leak detector for use with various refrigerants.
- It can be used with all CFC, HFC and HCFC Non-Flammable Refrigerants including R410a, R12 etc.
- Its voltage ranges from 100 to 240 volts.
- It includes External DC Powered Wall Adapter and Rechargeable battery.
- Its sensitivity is up to 0.006 pounds /yr.