Best Angle Grinder Disc for Wood Carving – Shape Wood Like a Pro
The angle grinder is famed as a sole mechanical tool used only to cut metal. Most people use an angle grinder to cut thick metal; however, its application in wood workshops also plays a vital role.
Best Angle Grinder Disc
|Best Angle Grinder Disc||Image||Link|
|Kutzall Extreme |
|OBA Grinder |
|King Arthur's Tools |
Wood Carving Disc
|Pomsare Wood |
The only difference is the disc selection, as wood material is prone to fire. To decide which disc is best for wood carving, we have compiled a list of the top five best angle grinder discs for wood carving. (Blog)
1. Kutzall Extreme Shaping Dish
- It features tungsten carbide teeth and provides a smooth carving experience when you use it over the wood surface.
- The disc size complies with the industry standard and will fit perfectly with the most angle grinder comfortably.
- You will get options in grit selection; in our experience, coarse grit is the best performing one.
- It is well-built and one of the highly bought tools in the tools and home improvement category.
2. OBA Grinder Wheel Disc
- The disc has a 4-inch diameter and 16mm arbor size to fit most angle grinders available.
- It has more than a hundred teeth, letting you surface the wood evenly and offer the best possible carving.
- The disc material is titanium steel with commendable hardness, and don’t worry; it won’t burst your wooden sheet or block.
- Apart from carving, you can also shape the wood and grind as necessary.
3. ARBORTECH Turbo Plane
- It is a great disc if you want a smooth surface in your woodwork and less hurdle of shaping afterward with a file.
- It features three blades with a decent distance gap in between, and you can reshape from time to time.
- Controlling it is the easiest part. It causes less vibration and offers results with minimal effort.
- It will not scratch the wood like other discs with sharp teeth, so it is a good investment for a fine surface finish.
4. King Arthur’s Tools Wood Carving Disc
- The disc features a quality stainless steel surface and fits with commonly used angle grinders 4 ½”, 115mm, and 125mm points.
- Unlike ARBORTECH, this one has a chainsaw design, removing a lot of wood.
- The surface you get from this disc is rough and suitable when removing a large amount of wood.
- It is a sharp tool, so it is advisable to take safety measures when using it with an angle grinder.
5. Pomsare Wood Carving Disc
- It is a premium-looking and well-engineered disc that provides a smooth surface cut.
- It comes in a pack of three, and all three have different teeth sizes, allowing the user to achieve the most acceptable result.
- All three discs come in suitable dimensions to precisely fit the portable angle grinder.
- You can use it to shape, carve a wooden face, create antiques, and more.
In conclusion, we think the ARBORTECH Turbo Plane is the best option if you need a smooth surface with minimal effort. Not to mention, if you are after something affordable and all-in-one solution Pomsare Wood Carving Disc is a no-brainer choice.