Red tip photinia, also named Fraser Photinia and Japanese Photinia, is a low-maintenance evergreen shrub requiring less water, often fertilization, and minimal sunlight compared to other garden ornaments. It can grow up to 20 feet in vertical length with red and green leaves.
Best Fertilizer for Red Tip Photinia
|Best Fertilizer for |
Red Tip Photinia
|Miracle-Gro Water |
Soluble All Purpose
Release Plant Food
|Jobe’s Organics Bone |
|VPG Inc BAC421 |
Tree & Shrub Food
Since you have red tip photinia, you should fertilize it frequently, and here in this article, you will find the best fertilizer for red tip photinia.
1. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble All Purpose
- The packet comes in various sizes, and it’s not only limited to red tip photinia but also suitable for other vegetable plants.
- It is a water-soluble fertilizer providing a healthy and eye-pleasing look to your garden plants.
- You can use this with a regular watering can or miracle or garden feeder; your preference is yours.
- The manufacturer claimed that it works with all garden plants without burning them.
2. Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food
- It is a fertilized solution with 11 nutrients that will empower your soil to grow your plants like no other.
- You can use it with potted and ground-planted plants. And it will not burn your beloved plants if used as instructed.
- Spread the one full scoop into the soil up to 1-3 inches and water it. A single scoop will last up to 6-months.
- Granules with a resin coating restrict the flow of food so that plants and shrubs only receive it when they are in need.
3. Miracle-Gro Performance Organics
- It is a performance-centric organic edible that promises to show results within 7-days.
- Unlike others, you must apply in its dry state and water the plant for 4-6 weeks to see fully fledged results.
- It comes in different sizes and styles, so choose as per your need and use it as instructed to get the best outcome.
- Its application is easy and is 100% organic, safe, and features a balanced formulation.
4. Jobe’s Organics Bone Meal Fertilizer
- It is an organic fertilizer with no chemicals that is excellent for vegetables, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- The fertilizer repairs the soil by fostering the ideal conditions for plant growth.
- You should use it twice a year, preferably in early spring and late fall.
- It has 2% Nitrogen, 14% phosphate, and 15% calcium, enhancing the root system and growing healthy plants.
5. VPG Inc BAC421 Tree & Shrub Food
- It is an excellent versatile formulation that has been used for treating red tip photinia.
- High nitrogen levels give red tip photinia the energy to grow and encourage the development of vibrant red and green colors.
- While it sounds so feature-rich, the application is pretty easy. An instruction list is provided.
- Apart from 19% nitrogen, it includes 8% phosphorus and 10% potassium with trace elements.
Fertilizing is not an everyday process. You do it once every 6-months or 1-year. To help you narrow down the selection, we recommend Osmocote Plus for sustainable results, and if you prefer a more shiny look of your red tip photinia, VPG Tree & Shrub Food is an absolute no-brainer.