Best External Hard Drive for Plex Server – Top 5 Hard Drives of 2021
The Plex media server has emerged as an innovative solution to answer the issues of many consumers who struggle to manage their massive media library’s by doing the assorting itself. However, this server understandably requires a lot of space, and it is thus recommended to get a good external hard drive if you plan on using it a lot.
Best External Hard Drive for Plex Server
Please scroll down to read all the detailed reviews and our personal favorites from the top 5 External Hard drives for Plex Servers available online.
1. Seagate 10TB External Hard Drive For Plex Server
This product is a great option in terms of effectiveness and affordability.
- It also comes with an 18-inch USB 3.0 cable and an 18 W power adapter.
- Its write speed ranges from 120-160 MB/s
- It comes with 1 year of warranty and data rescue services.
- It makes backup and access simple with its Windows compatibility and Backup plus software.
2. Seagate External Hard Drive for Plex Server
This hard drive can also act as a hub to charge devices and transfer files from USB cameras and thumb drives
- It comes with an 18-inch USB 3.0 cable, 18 W power adapter and Seagate back-up software.
- Its average write speed is 160 MB/s
- Its Backup Plus Hub software helps protect your data.
- It has two front facing USB 3.0 ports for charging and managing your devices and its data.
3. WD 10TB External Hard Drive For Plex Server
This hard drive brings high-capacity storage with reliable back-up options.
- It includes WD Back-up software and time machine compatibility to ensure your data is backed up.
- It comes with RAID optimized WD Red drives to reliably store massive amounts of data.
- It also comes with Password protection that is hardware encrypted.
- It has a single USB 3.0 port and is compatible with USB 2.0
4. WD 12TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Hard Drive
This product is a reliable option that comes with a 3-month trial for Plex servers.
- It is a network attached storage that is centralized and can be accessed from anywhere.
- It has a high-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for smooth streaming
- It also comes with 1 GB DDR3 RAM for easy multitasking.
- It comes with surveillance software to let you protect your data on the drive.
5. G-Technology 10TB G-DRIVE External Hard Drive
This high-performance drive is perfect for Macs and can be reformatted easily for windows.
- The hard drive has dual thunderbolt 3 ports and a single USB-C port.
- It comes in a solid-all aluminum case for durability and stylish looks.
- It uses a high-capacity 7200 RPM hard drive.
- It can reach transfer speeds of up to 250 MB/s.
My pick from all the products is the Seagate Expansion HDD as it combines affordability with reliable software and brand value that ensures your data will remain safe for years to come. You can find the products link in table.