Best Cam For Stock 454 – Top 5 Picks of 2021 [Reviews & Buying Guide]
Hello people. I was delighted to write this article on cam for stock 454. Having a good camshaft ensures maximum efficiency and durability.
Best Cam For Stock 454
|Best Cam For Stock 454||Image||Score||Link|
|COMP Cams Hydraulic for Stock 454||4.1|
|COMP Cams Xtreme Energy K-Kit||4.1|
|Comp Cams 454 Camshaft||4.8|
|COMP Hydraulic Flat Cam for Stock 454||4.7|
|Edelbrock Cam and Lift Kit for Stock 454||5.0|
Check out this article to learn more about the best cams and my recommendation. All the products are available for purchase online.
1. COMP Cams Hydraulic for Stock 454
The perfect choice for muscle cars and street rods.
- It delivers excellent horsepower gains and a broad torque curve.
- Its operating range lies from 1,800-5,600 RPM.
- It has an early intake valve opening and a long exhaust duration.
- It is best used with aftermarket converters and more rear gear.
2. COMP Cams Xtreme Energy K-Kit
This cam delivers excellent performance in the street carbureted applications.
- It has a strong torque thru low and mid-range.
- It has a quicker opening lobe that delivers increased responsiveness.
- Its operating range lies from 1,000-5,200 RPM.
- It has more vacuum for improved performance and assists power brakes.
3. Comp Cams 454 Camshaft
This one is designed specifically for LS Engines.
- Its operating range lies from 1,900-7,000 RPM.
- It reduces the surface peak roughness of freshly ground camshaft by 65%.
- It has a 250% improvement in the effective load-bearing for higher loads.
- It has uniform pressure for increased durability.
4. COMP Hydraulic Flat Cam for Stock 454
A strong cam for towing.
- This camshaft delivers high energy.
- It is easy to use and is highly durable.
- It has excellent mid and top-end power.
- The cam delivers high torque at low RPMs.
5. Edelbrock Cam and Lift Kit for Stock 454
Perfectly designed to match the power band of RPM Series.
- It gives improved throttle response and torque.
- It has more lift and duration than most street camshafts.
- It provides increased horsepower and street high-performance.
- Its operating RPM range is 1500-6500.
My pick from all the products mentioned above is the COMP Cams Hydraulic Flat Cam. It has excellent sound, gives a fabulous performance, and it comes with four levels of complete component-matched kits that deliver unbeatable performance. You can find the products link in table.